I’m beyond honored to have been a recent guest on Sharon Berman’s extraordinary Jewelry Journey podcast. What a treat to talk with Sharon about all things having to do with Russia’s rich jewelry history. We had a fantastic conversation and I’m so thrilled to share the episode with you!
Here’s just a glimpse of what we talked about:
- Why the historical significance of Russian jewelry goes beyond the Fabergé designs.
- The difference in jewelry styles made in Moscow versus St. Petersburg.
- The impact of major Russian jewelers, including House of Bolin and Frederick Koechli, and what jewelry they are known for.
- Why the Russian jewelry market skyrocketed between 2006 and 2008, and why it will continue to remain strong.
- What’s in store for Marie’s Art & Treasures Tours in 2020.
About the Jewelry Journey Podcast & Host Sharon Berman
The Jewelry Journey podcast explores the many aspects of jewelry and its status as art. Host Sharon Berman talks with those who live and breathe this form of adornment: makers, dealers, gallerists, academics collectors and more. The goal is to elevate the conversation beyond Etsy or big diamonds and see jewelry in a new light, so that we can appreciate the little pieces of wonder that float by each day.
Sharon Berman is managing principal of Berbay Marketing & Public Relations, specializing in working with professionals to create the visibility and credibility that fuel revenue growth. After 20 years of positioning lawyers and other trusted advisors as experts, Sharon launched Arts and Jewelry and expanded her scope to include professionals in the decorative arts and jewelry fields.
A passionate jewelry collector, Sharon is studying for her GIA Graduate Gemology diploma. She is on the Board of Art Jewelry Forum, and is a member of the Association for the Study of Jewelry & Related Arts, American Society of Jewelry Historians, Society of Jewellery Historians and Society of North American Goldsmiths.
My deepest appreciation to Sharon for having me on her show and for being such a delightful guide for our conversation!