Russian Micro-Mosaic Gold-Mounted Brooch by Nicholls & Plinke, 1880s
From the Romanov era, period of Tsar Alexander III, depicting a Roman ruin, this 19th century Italian micro-mosaic memento of a Grand Tour, was mounted as a gold brooch by the famous jewelers Nicholls & Plincke of St. Petersburg. Within a smooth gold bevelled border. The gold mounts stamped N.P., for Nicholls & Plinke, St. Petersburg, circa 1880, with crossed anchor and scepter city mark. 1 in. (2.5 cm.) diam. In an original Russian leather box of the period.
Creation Date: Circa 1880
Materials: 14k Gold
Wear: Wear consistent with age and use
Dealer Location: New York, NY
Reference Number: BR082