TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR RUSSIAN ART ADVENTURES
MOBILITY, FITNESS TO TRAVEL AND HEALTH
Participants must be in good physical and mental health to join and enjoy RUSSIAN ART ADVENTURES (RAA), an initiative of Marie E. Betteley, Inc. and may be expected to walk at a moderate pace for some distance during guided tours, to climb some stairs without handrails, and to stand for extended periods of time. Passengers requiring special assistance, including without limitation those who permanently or periodically use a wheelchair, must be accompanied by someone who is fit and able to assist them, and who will be totally responsible for providing all required assistance.
Any condition that may require assistance or special medical attention must be reported at the time a reservation is made. Assistance cannot be expected or guaranteed; participants must make arrangements for their own assistance. Personal attendants travelling with special needs participants will be treated as any other participant and will be subject to the same program policies and rates. By forwarding the deposit for pre-registration or registration in full, the participant certifies that he/she does not have any physical or other limitations that would create a hazard for him-/herself or other participants or would require adjustments to the program for other participants. Many RAA programs involve extensive walking over uneven surfaces, climbing stairs at monuments and other locations not handicapped accessible, and climbing in and out of various conveyances. Any condition that may require assistance or special medical attention must be reported at the time of participants’ reservation.
All cancellations for any reason whatsoever will be subject to a $250 per person cancellation fee. All cancellations must be made in writing to RAA. Cancellation from 120-76 days prior to departure will result in forfeiture of 10% of the entire cost of the trip per person; 75 to 31 days prior to departure, 50% of the trip cost per person; cancellation from 30 days up to the time of departure will result in 100% forfeiture of the entire cost of the trip. We highly recommend participants purchase travel insurance early, as cancellation fees will apply. If, due to unforeseen circumstances, the tour has to be cancelled by the organizers, participants are entitled to a full refund and no other fees. RAA will not be responsible for any other expenses participants may have incurred. RAA will confirm with registered participants that trip will take place 80 days before scheduled departure. It is recommended guests refrain from purchasing airline tickets until final confirmation that trip will take place. Every effort will be made to make this confirmation as soon as possible.
A deposit of $750 per person, payable to Marie E. Betteley, Inc, of which $250 is non-refundable for administrative fees, is required with the reservation application. Final payment by check or electronic transfer must be received 120 days prior to departure. If you prefer to pay the balance by credit card, a service fee of 3% will be added.
Participants must have valid medical insurance coverage. Participants should also review their medical insurance coverage to determine what is and is not covered while travelling abroad. Participants authorises organisers to seek out medical care and be ready to pay any costs of care. Participants hold harmless the organisers if there is injury or death and/or if there are any consequences of medical care.
RAA highly recommends that participants purchase travel insurance, as the cancellation policy will apply. RAA does not recommend a particular insurance company. Travelers are free to purchase the insurance of their choice. There is usually a short window of time (7-21 days from the first payment date) when one can purchase travel insurance and still be covered for certain provisions (such as pre-existing conditions). If travel insurance is important to participants, they should not wait to purchase insurance. It is wise to cover participants’ trip investment in case participants have to cancel due to illness or emergency. The cancellation penalties listed will apply.
• A comprehensive educational and cultural program with a RAA and/or local experts.
• Accommodations per itinerary (upgrading or changing room is at participants’ expense).
• Prices based on two persons sharing a room with private bath.
• Venue Tours as listed in final itineraries.
• Transfers to venues during the tour days.
• Breakfast and a second meal each day per itinerary.
• Airport arrival and departure transfers.
• Entry fees to all museums, venues and parks per itinerary.
• Services of guides, speakers and translators per itinerary.
• Services of experienced tour directors and local guides.
• Tour management services, hotel registration fees, and tips.
• Pre-trip information.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
• Airfare from participants’ home to the starting point of the program, and back home at the end of the program.
• Deviations from the announced itinerary: There is no refund should participants decide not to take part in any of the included activities or accommodations, or if participants leave the tour early. Deviations from the scheduled itinerary are the responsibility and at the expense of the individual. RAA will be held harmless should participants choose to leave the tour will be at the individual’s own risk.
• Passport and visa fees. Visa processing is provided by a separate agency. Approximate cost of tourist visa is $400. It is the responsibility of the participants to complete all visa procedures and receive a Russian visa well before travel. Details will be sent after deposit received. Russian consulate will process visas 90 days before entry date to Russia. If participants want special assistance from the organisers to fill out application and process visa, this can be done for fee.
• Special food requests should be directed to organisers in advance. Every effort will be made to secure participants special request, however, fulfilment of participants’ requests cannot be guaranteed.
• Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, camera/video fees at monuments, and any add-on events, meals or beverages that are not specified in itinerary. Individualized translators, transport and excursions.
• Personal travel and medical insurance, which we strongly recommend in case participants need to cancel attending program or to cover medical treatment when participants are abroad.
• Expenses caused by factors beyond our control such as rail and plane delays, roadblocks, vehicle malfunctions, political disturbances, taxes, lost luggage, etc.
Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed on this site or on brochure are per person based on double occupancy and do not include international airfare. All prices quoted are based on prevailing fuel prices, airfares (when applicable), and currency exchange rates, and are subject to change without notice. The organisers reserve the right to increase prices to cover increased costs, after prices are posted, to account for revised pricing by third party vendors or exchange rate fluctuations.
Although RAA makes every attempt to offer the itinerary as outlined in program promotional materials, changes of conveyance, accommodation, or schedule may become necessary due to weather, inaccessibility of sites, or other restrictions or limitations. Neither RAA nor its operators shall be held liable for changes to trips or travel arrangements, nor for losses or additional expenses resulting from travel. RAA suggests that participants refrain from making non-refundable travel arrangements until RAA confirms that the program will run as advertised. Neither RAA nor the tour operators accept liability for any airline cancellation penalty incurred by the purchase of a non-refundable ticket in connection with a tour. Quoted program prices are based on prices and current rate of exchange at posting. The organisers reserve the right to increase prices to cover increased costs, after prices are posted, to account for revised pricing by third party vendors or exchange rate fluctuations. The itinerary is subject to change at the discretion of the organizers without notice.
RAA assumes no responsibility or liability for any act, error, or omission, or for any injury, loss, accident, delay, or irregularity which may be occasioned by reason of any defect in any aircraft, ship, train, bus, or other carrier, or through neglect or default of any subcontractor or other third party, which may be used wholly or in part in the performance of their duty to the participants of The Program. The passage ticket issued by the carrier is the sole contract between the participant and the carrier. Nor will RAA and/or their agents be responsible for loss, injury, damages, or expenses to persons or property, due to illness, weather, strikes, local laws, hostilities, wars, terrorist acts, acts of nature, or other such causes in connection with The Program or anything beyond their reasonable control. RAA is not responsible for transportation or other program delays and changes, nor additional expenses or loss of time that may be incurred. In the event it becomes necessary or advisable for the comfort or well-being of the participants, or for any reason whatsoever, to alter the itinerary at any time, without notice to the participants, such alterations will be made without penalty to RAA. Additional expenses, if any, shall be borne by the participants. Baggage and personal effects are the sole responsibility of the participant at all times. RAA reserve the right to accept or decline any person as a participant at any time, or to require any participant to withdraw from The Program at their own expense when such an action is determined by RAA to be in the best interest of the participant’s health and safety, or the general welfare of the other participants.
AUTHORITY TO USE IMAGES AND AUDIO RECORDINGS
On occasion, RAA obtains from trip participants, photographic or video images of passengers and trip activities. By participating in this travel program, you authorize RAA without providing compensation to you, or obtaining additional approvals from you, to include photographic and video recordings of you, as well as voice recordings included with any videos, in RAA’s sales, marketing, advertising, publicity and/or training activities.