Russian Gold Romanov Eagle Pendant, with original document
The eagle of yellow gold from the Romanov era, mounted on a circular solid rose gold disc, attached to a gold suspension ring. Chain not included.
Sold together with original document from The Schaffer Collection of Russian Imperial Art Treasures, predecessor of A la Vieille Russie when it was located at Rockefeller Center, dated June 11, 1939.
According to this description, the eagle came from the Winter Palace in St. Petersburg, the splendid home of the Russian sovereigns, now the Hermitage Museum.
1 in. (2.5 cm) long including outer suspension ring; the disc: ¾ in. (1.9 cm) diam. The eagle: .7 in. (1.7 cm) long; .6 in. (1.5 cm) wide (wing to wing).