Russian Orthodox Rose Gold Cross Pendant, circa 1910
From the Romanov era, period of Tsar Nicholas II, in 14k rose gold, the front engraved with a central cross and Cyrillic initials on the arms for Jesus, King of the Jews. The reverse is engraved in Russian Save & Protect.
Kostroma, 1908-17, stamped with town and maker’s mark.
Kostroma, a part of the Golden Ring of ancient Russian towns, had a thriving jewelry industry in the late 19th century to early 20th century.
2 1/2 in. (6.4 cm.) long including suspension ring; 1 3/8 in. (3.5 cm) across. Chain not included.