Rare Russian Gold and Sapphire Bracelet, circa 1900
From the Romanov era, period of Nicholas II, the links of solid gold each in a knot design, the front enhanced with five bezel set deep blue cabochon sapphires, with original safety chain. In an original silk and velvet retailer’s box stamped Nicholai Linden St. Petersburg, 83 Nevskii Prospect.
Apprx. 8 in. (20.3 cm) long 1899-1908, St. Petersburg, hallmarked
Linden opened a workshop dealing in gold, silver, watches, jetons and church plate in the 1880s trading under the name Nicholai Linden & Co. at 83 Nevskii Prospect. Linden was one of the few Russian jewelers, apart from Fabergé and Ovchinnikov who produced items for the Buddhist community and Siamese aristocracy. He received the Imperial Warrant from Tsar Nicholas II on May 29, 1912.