Join Marie Betteley for an exclusive 10-day trip to discover the fascinating World of Jewelry and Treasures of Imperial Russia.
First in St. Petersburg, on this one-of-kind journey, we will retrace the steps of the renowned Jewelers to the Romanov Court to Nobles and Nobels and Ballerinas and Bureaucrats. Along the way, you’ll hear the fascinating stories of the trials, tribulations and triumphs of these historic goldsmiths in producing jewels for the richest Court of Europe – all while enjoying 4-star accommodations and meals and the luxuries only this world class city can offer.
In Moscow, you will marvel at the glorious Diamond Fund treasures in the Kremlin Armory Chamber, including Catherine the Great’s iconic coronation crown set with 5000 diamonds and a 398 carat spinel, the Orlov diamond sceptre, the imperial solid gold orb, and other sumptuous jewels of the Romanovs. Visit the silver reserves of the Moscow Historical Museum with a private guide.
- Bespoke visit to the Gold and Diamond Treasury room in the Hermitage.
- Private tour of the world’s finest Fabergé collection in the Fabergé Museum on the Fontanka.
- Lecture on the glittering imperial capital of the Romanovs led by a renowned St. Petersburg historian.
- Visit to Tsarskoe Selo or Pavlovsk, the Imperial family’s magnificent summer residences.
- Tailored boat ride around the canals, the Venice of the North (weather permitting).
- Highlights of the Russian Museum to showcase the opulence of life in the imperial capital.
- Views of the wondrous architectural landscapes of the 2016 Cultural Capital of Europe.
- High-speed train, Sapsan to the ancient capital of Moscow.
- Tour of the Moscow Kremlin, including a private visit to the Diamond Fund.
- Meet and dine with a leading curator in the field of Russian jewels and treasures.
- Private tour of the famous Tretyakov Gallery and the Moscow Historical Museum to learn about the rich history of Russia’s fine and decorative arts.
- Optional tour of antique shops and art salons and of new and emerging jewelers of Moscow.
Join us on this memorable, one-of-a-kind Russian adventure led by Marie Betteley! This tour is open to a maximum of eight guests and is only offered once a year. Sign up today to avoid disappointment. Questions? Call us at +1 (917) 319-5736.
Your Tour Leaders
Leading St. Petersburg and Moscow curators, docents, and cultural experts
When: October 10 to 20, 2022, 11 days/10 nights (Program runs from October 11 to 19)
Price: $6,950* per person, double occupancy
Single supplement: $750 (single occupancy is limited and will be available on a first come, first serve basis)
Meals: Included (all breakfasts and late lunches or dinners per itinerary)
Group Size: Maximum of 8 travelers
Registration Closing Date: May 10, 2022
*Per person based on double occupancy. Price does not include airfare, passport fees or visa processing, incidentals and alcoholic beverages. Visa processing is provided by a separate agency. Approximate cost of tourist visa is $400. It is the responsibility of the traveler to complete all visa procedures and receive a Russian visa well before travel. Details will be sent after deposit received. The itinerary is subject to change at the discretion of the organizers without notice. Price and dates may fluctuate. Payment in full due June 10, 2022.
“Just back from a fabulous trip to St. Petersburg, organized by leading Russian expert and gemologist Marie Betteley. Seeing the city through her eyes was truly a rare treat – we all learned so much, made wonderful new friends and it was an adventure I’ll never forget.”
“My favorite part was visiting sites and getting to meet experts and seeing ‘behind the scenes’.”
Read a poem this tour inspired one of our past guests to write.