Five Ukrainian Imperial-era Silver Vodka Cups, late 19th to early 20th century
These beautiful and rare Ukrainian silver vodka cups were all created in Kiev during the reign of Tsars Alexander III and Nicholas II. Each is engraved with houses and foliage within stippled bands, three of the same size, and two slightly larger, the largest with everted rim.
The largest dated 1893, with Kiev hallmark of the Archangel Michael (first introduced in 1503), the set of three dated 1899-1908, assaymaster Alexander Virzhinovskovo, the last dated 1908-17. All are well hallmarked which gives evidence of their origin.
Cups range in size from 1 5/8 to 2 in. (4.1 to 5.1 cm) high.
Out of stock