English Edwardian Pearl Sapphire and Gold Brooch, circa 1905
A diamond-shaped pin forming an openwork 18k gold lattice set with alternating square-cut sapphires and small lustrous pearls. The border is channel-set with square-cut sapphires. In its original fitted case stamped D. J. Wellby Ltd., Garrick St., London, below the Royal Warrant. English, circa 1905
1 in. (2.5 cm)
Daniel & John Wellby were based in Covent Garden from 1866-1965.